5 Things you must consider before insuring your plant / heavy machinery
1. Who needs Plant All Risks Insurance?
Anyone who owns heavy mobile equipment & machinery should have Plant All Risks Insurance. This, at the very least, insures you against damages that this equipment could cause to third party people or property.
2. Why should you take out Plant All Risks Insurance?
With the current construction boom, this equipment is in high demand. Theft of the same is therefore rife. Furthermore, given the nature of work this equipment is used for, fire; water and impact damage can often occur. Equipment may be damaged whilst in transit and further concern could be the damage that this equipment can potentially cause to third party people or property. This equipment is incredibly expensive, insurance costs a fraction of repairing or replacing if the equipment is damaged.
3. How much does Plant All Risks Insurance cost?
We have the best Plant All Risks rates in the country.
4. Typical claims incurred on Plant All Risks Insurance Policies
The most common & most expensive claims are from theft. There are also claims for many items damaged in transit, falls off trucks, trailers & so forth, as well as liability claims when equipment damages surrounding property.
5. What other insurance should be considered along with Plant All Risks Insurance?